All Hallows' is an historic church within a beautiful medieval building. Activities take place in the church and hall throughout the week, including our Little Hallows toddler group.
The church's foundation dates from the 12th century, but subsequent changes included a late 19th century re-ordering. The removal of balconies on the north, south and west sides increased the amount of light reaching the interior and enhanced the beauty of the setting.
In 1990 a large parish hall with kitchen and toilets was added – an asset well used by the church and community. There is a closed graveyard with a garden of remembrance, still in use.
Many congregation members are involved in some form of ministry, from gardening and maintenance, to social activities, prayer and pastoral teams, and our Little Hallows toddler group.
Our regular service is on Sundays at 9.30am.
Evensong is at 6.30pm on the first Sunday of the month.
However service times can change when we come together as a parish. Please click the button below for up-to-date information on services and times.
The earliest recorded date in connection with the church is found in 1231 but most writers favour the idea of a small church on the site before that date.
In 1870, three years after the Rev. C.A. Hulbert arrived, the decision was taken to restore and renovate the church. Work began on the nave in September, 1872.
Much of the fabric, including the tower, belongs to the church built between 1470 and 1520. It was retained in the subsequent Perpendicular style building.
Our large hall, with meeting room, kitchen and toilets, is suitable for functions, with seating up to 120. It is used by groups and for educational meetings/lectures, activities, private parties, weddings and funerals.
It is available for hire on mornings and afternoons, some evenings and weekends. For further details please contact the parish office on 01484 541837.