St Michael and St Helen's
St. Michael and St. Helen’s is the amalgamation of two ‘daughter’ churches of All Hallows’ which were on Somerset Road, Almondbury and Penistone Road, Fenay Bridge. The foundation stone was laid in 1953 and the church was dedicated in 1955. It was built to serve a growing, newly built post Second World War housing estate on Fernside and a development planned for Quarry Hill.
This multi purpose building has excellent facilities with full disabled access. There is a rolling programme of maintenance and refurbishment which most recently has seen the installation of a new boiler and heating system.
The church is host to various groups including Rainbows, Brownies and Guides and young people with disabilities on the Duke of Edinburgh programme along with a wide variety of internal and external events for all ages.
We are a small church with a big heart who seek to share the love of God and serve the community. We warmly welcome all those who enter, whether to join us in worship or for social events.